Saturday, August 2, 2008

Beach Trips and Berry Picking



Summer is definately in full swing around here. It's been hot and really humid. YUCK! Besides that though we've found alot to keep us entertained. There's pictures from two different beach trips, you can't really tell it was two different days. One was when Jason was gone and we were with some friends and the other obviously he was with us. Cameron loves the beach. This last time Jason got him to go into some deeper water and was trying to teach him to swim. Surprisingly he didn't get frustrated and he really liked it. The beach for William is a different story. He didn't love it at first but it's been growing on him. By the end of our last trip he was actually walking into the water by himself and really enjoying it. We've also gone berry picking a couple times. I forgot the camera the first time, but today we went with our neighbor Lacy, who Cameron loves, and picked some raspberries. The boys are pros. They were finding some good ones. Next week we're picking peaches. I'm pretty excited about that. I love it that we live so close to the orchards and farms. It's been such a nice treat to have fresh produce.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

It looks like the boys had fun at the beach. Berry picking is fun. Me and Mal did that too and I forgot the camera. I wish I knew someone or could go somewhere to pick peaches. You are lucky. That is my favorite fruit.

Fausett Family said...

I remember loving to go outside in the backyard and sit and eat all the blackberries off the vine. They were the best warm from the sun. Looks like fun with the boys. We have an orchard down the street and that reminds me that I should go with the kids to pick peaches. (Yes, there is an orchard in Las Vegas)

Ballard and Susan said...

Hi Lela, love you!